It is of significance that we are amidst a pandemic. Despite this, The Hand Therapists endeavour to provide our services to those in need while maintaining patient and staff health and safety to the best extent possible.
If you are unwell, stay home and get tested.
If you are a household contact stay at home.
Scan/Sign in on arrival if you like.
Wear a mask.
With support of the Ministry of Health, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Boards of NZ, and ACC we ask and provide the below from our clients and staff:
1. Screening for COVID-19 will take place on the phone, and again upon arrival to the clinic. This will extend to members of your bubble, whānau and support people.
2. You must cancel your appointment if you have COVID19, are sick, or are showing symptoms of sickness including the common flu and cold.
If you are sick, stay home and get tested.
An appointment can be rescheduled once a negative test result has been shown. A telehealth consult may be appropriate in the interim.
Symptoms specific to COVID19 include:
a new or worsening cough
a high temperature (at least 38°C)
shortness of breath
sneezing and runny nose
temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
Less commonly: diarrhoea, headache, muscle pain of body aches, nausea, vomiting, confusion or irritability.
3. Please refrain from attending your appointments if you:
Have been overseas or in a current place of interest in New Zealand and have not followed correct self-isolation protocols
Have been in contact with someone from overseas or a current place of interest who hasn’t followed correct self-isolation protocols
Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, or is suspected to be positive of COVID19.
Are awaiting a COVID19 test result.
Have been in contact with someone with symptoms mentioned above.
4. Individuals with reduced immunity are at a greater risk of infection. This includes, but isn’t limited to, the unvaccinated, the elderly, those with autoimmune diseases, diabetes and cancer. Please check with your GP if you have concerns about your health and immunity.
5. Please scan the QR code or sign in at the register on arrival if you would like to continue doing so.
6. Masks - wear a correctly fitted surgical/medical mask during your appointment and whilst on the premises. This includes any support persons. Therapists will be wearing masks.
7. Hand hygiene: Wash hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser. There will be hand sanitiser on the reception desk, and in every treatment room.
8. If you are coughing or sneezing, please keep your mask on and so so into your elbow. If you need to use a tissue dispose of promptly, replace you mask and sanitise your hands.
9. Cleaning surface regularly: The Hand Therapists will utilise disinfectant/cleaning spray on the majority of surfaces, including EFTPOS terminals and general environment (chairs, countertops, door handles etc). The cleaning of treatment surfaces, chairs and therapy equipment will be completed in-between each patient.
10. The waiting room has restricted seating.
Additionally, at risk patients may be asked to follow procedure as below:
1. On arrival to your appointment please call the clinic from the carpark to let us know of your presence. Once the therapist is ready, they will call you up for the appointment. Please wear a mask from the carpark to the appointment and back to your car. Please come straight in, scan the QR code or sign the register and use hand sanitiser on entering our second-floor rooms.
2. Support people are welcome in limited circumstances (children and those needing assistance with mobility) and will be required to be screened, wear a mask, scan the QR code or enter their details on a contact register for tracing purposes.
3. A telehealth appointment may be offered as an alternative form of review.