It is of significance that we are amidst a pandemic. Despite this, The Hand Therapists endeavour to provide our services to those in need while maintaining client and staff health and safety to the best extent possible.
With support of the Ministry of Health, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Boards of NZ, and ACC we ask and provide the below from our clients and staff:
Level 1, 2 and 3 appointments.
1. Screening for COVID-19 will take place on the phone, and again upon arrival to the clinic. This will extend to members of your bubble, whānau and support people. Please scan the QR code on arrival or sign in at the register.
2. Please reschedule your appointments if you are sick, or are showing symptoms of sickness including the common flu and cold. Symptoms specific to COVID19 include:
a new or worsening cough
a high temperature (at least 38°C)
shortness of breath
sneezing and runny nose
temporary loss of smell
3. Please refrain from attending your appointments if you:
Have been overseas and have not followed correct self-isolation protocols
Have been in contact with someone from overseas who hasn’t followed correct self-isolation protocols
Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, or is suspected to be positive of COVID19 - a close or casual contact.
Have been in contact with someone who is expressing the symptoms aforementioned in (2)
4. Please be cautious that individuals with reduced immunity are at a greater risk of infection. This includes, but isn’t limited to, the elderly, those with autoimmune diseases, diabetes and cancer. Please check with your GP if you have concerns about your health and immunity.
5. Masks - it is optional but advised to wear a mask during your appointment in level 2 and level 3. Please wear one to your appointment if you have one.
6. Hand hygiene: Wash hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser. There will be hand sanitiser on the reception desk, and in every treatment room.
7. If you are coughing or sneezing, please do so into a tissue (dispose of promptly) or into your elbows, then follow step (6).
8. Cleaning surface regularly: The Hand Therapists will utilise disinfectant/cleaning spray on the majority of surfaces, including EFTPOS terminals and general environment (chairs, countertops, door handles etc). The cleaning of treatment surfaces, chairs and therapy equipment will be completed in-between each patient at level 2 and 3.
9. PPE is not required for the procedures we undertake at The Hand Therapists as they are non-aerosol generating and do not involve bodily fluids. However due to the close nature of contact, therapists may wear masks or a face shield and there is a perspex screen that can be utilised as well.
Level 2 and 3 appointments.
10. On arrival to your appointment please call the clinic from the carpark to let us know of your presence. Once the therapist is ready, they will call you up for the appointment. Please come straight in and use hand sanitiser on entering our second-floor rooms.
11. Support people are welcome in limited circumstances (children and those needing assistance with mobility) and will be required to be screened and enter their details on a contact register for tracing purposes.
12. The waiting room has restricted seating.